TO YOU WE ARE HALFWAY THERE!!!
and Advocacy Center Capital Campaign Update
supporter of WIN, we would like you to know that construction on the new “WIN
Shelter and Advocacy Center” will begin in the spring of 2015.
million Capital Campaign was started in December of 2010 for the purpose of
constructing a new shelter and advocacy center, so we can expand and carry on
supporter of WIN, we want you to know the following:
- Over $1.1 million has been raised by local fundraising efforts.
- The project has received $500,000 in Redevelopment Assistance Capital
Program funds from the State of Pennsylvania.
- We have received $100,000 from the West Penn Power Sustainable Energy
- To date our efforts have raised over $1.7 million!
The new shelter
- Additional living space for women and their children
- A secured courtyard for children to play
- Room to house the victims’ family dogs and cats
- Provide space for job training
- Consolidate program services in one location to offer easier access for
Since 1977, Women
In Need has partnered with people like you to help support our free and
confidential services to over 1700 victims yearly of domestic violence and
sexual assault in both Franklin and Fulton Counties. Your help and support have touched thousands
of lives in our area and for that we thank you.
However, we are not
finished yet! At this time, the Board of
Directors, Staff and Volunteers are continuing to work diligently to raise the
$1.6 million needed to complete the WIN Shelter and Advocacy Center.
you would like to contribute to the capital campaign please send donations to
1280 Progress Road, Chambersburg, PA 17201. Please designate on your check that the
donation is for the WIN Capital Campaign. There are still opportunities to name rooms in the building and to make a
pledge for the campaign. If you would like more information on these
opportunities please contact us at 717.264.3056.
Click Capital Campaign l Capital Campaign Pledge to download