Are you passionate about empowering individuals who have experienced domestic or sexual violence? Are you compassionate, understanding, and assertive? We are often looking for dedicated individuals to fill open positions at our agency.
FULTON COUNTY SERVICES ADVOCATE
WOMEN IN NEED, INC
- Bachelor’s degree in human service related field plus three years experience in the victim service field.
- Experience in crisis intervention, supportive problem solving, advocacy and counseling.
- Possess basic knowledge of the criminal justice system.
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas orally and in writing.
- Computer proficiency.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Demonstrated ability to establish a professional relationship with staff, clients and community representatives.
- Obtain and maintain clean child abuse clearances, criminal record background check and FBI clearance
- Access to private transportation and willingness to travel.
- Ability to schedule working hours to coincide with WIN work priorities.
- Provide individual crisis intervention, advocacy and other supportive services by phone or in person to victims of domestic violence in Fulton County.
- On initial contact with clients, complete an intake and assessment in order to develop a plan for services that will include services with WIN and the law offices of WIN as well as appropriate referrals.
- Provide individual counseling by phone or in person to victims of domestic violence in Fulton County, Assure that services are easily accessible to clients in all parts of the county by arranging to meet in locations such as churches, schools and other agencies when possible.
- Plan and facilitate support groups, workshops and other programs and activities that assist client in furthering their goals and achieving their service plans.
- Respond to requests for information and options concerning PFA’s and explain the process to victims. Follow-up on emergency PFA’s to assure proper service and scheduling.
- Assist victims seeking PFA’s to complete the questionnaire and other related paperwork. After review by the WIN attorney, file all paperwork with the proper offices at the courthouse in a timely manner.
- Assess domestic violence victims to determine appropriateness of referrals to the WIN law offices for victims seeking legal representation in custody, divorce or support actions.
- Provide orientation, advocacy, accompaniment and transportation to victims attending PFA, ICC or other court hearings.
- Establish contacts with appropriate systems in Fulton County and maintain positive relationships which further the goals of WIN. Serve on the Fulton County STOP Team as the WIN designee
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with judges, district justices, police, district attorneys, and other appropriate community resources. Provide support to victims involved with the criminal justice system.
- Record and maintain accurate case records. Assist with collection of data for all required agency and funding sources. Complete reports in a timely manner.
- Complete WIN 65 hour counselor/advocate training.
- Participate in relevant training, conferences and seminars with the approval and/or direction of your supervisor.
- Cooperate as a team member with other staff and volunteers to promote the best interest of WIN and its service to the community.
- Uphold all WIN policies, procedures and confidentiality.
- Assume additional responsibilities as delegated by supervisor.
Immediate Supervisor-Direct Services Manager
Hours- 40 hours per week, some evenings and weekends. On call rotation required.
We are always looking for volunteers and often hire from our volunteer pool. Please visit our volunteer page for more information.