The mission of the Women In Need (WIN) Volunteer Program is to actively promote a mutually rewarding relationship between those who are offering their talents, skills, and time as volunteers and staff who will support them in their efforts to help educate, support, and empower victims of abuse.
Women In Need offers a variety of volunteer opportunities. All volunteers require training, however, the amount depends on the type of interaction a volunteer will have with clients. Completion of the training does not guarantee acceptance as a WIN volunteer.
Our volunteers help us in many ways including:
- Answering our 24-hour crisis hotline
- Assisting residents in our emergency shelter
- Facilitating groups for adults and children
- Presenting education programs in schools and the community
- Fundraising to help support services
- Answering phones, filing, and other clerical duties
- Providing childcare
- Cleaning and general maintenance duties
- & much more
Women In Need will be holding a volunteer training class:
If you are interested in volunteering for WIN, please contact the WIN office at 717-264-3056. You can also directly email the Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or click here to complete a Volunteer Application.